While we’re eager on staying protected by sporting a masks throughout this pandemic, overusing might result in sure uncomfortable side effects. When we’re cautious and picky whereas shopping for a face masks, let’s even be cautious whereas utilizing it too. To shed some mild on how overusing a masks can have uncomfortable side effects, now we have with us Dermatologist and Cosmetologist, Dr Vidya TS.
In latest occasions, utilizing a masks created from numerous supplies and designs have became a development. Though everyone knows it’s essential, there are some penalties once we put on them continuously for an extended time frame. To be taught higher in regards to the issues the pores and skin might face, we requested our knowledgeable some questions concerning how overusing a masks may cause zits and the way we will keep away from it.
Let’s begin with a number of fundamentals in terms of zits.
What are the pores and skin sorts which can be vulnerable to zits?
Oily pores and skin and blemish-prone pores and skin is extra vulnerable to Acne.
What are the most typical causes for getting zits?
- Hormonal imbalance or modifications like menarche, menopause and PCOS.
- Cosmetics that clog the pores
- Excessive oil/ sebum manufacturing
- Certain drugs
- Diet and to some extent stress
Here Dr Vidya shares her knowledgeable inputs on the hows, whats and whys of this concern.
What are the advantages of masking? What are the uncomfortable side effects of overdoing it?
Using masks prevents pollution from coming in touch with the facial pores and skin. It helps keep away from frequent touching of the pores and skin, reduces the usage of cosmetics and offers emotional help.
Well, it’s a should to make use of a masks once we are in a crowd or out on the road however utilizing the masks for lengthy hours will increase friction on the pores and skin, which might trigger zits and depart the pores and skin dry and irritated.
Does utilizing a masks greater than essential trigger zits? Why?
Yes, it does trigger zits because it will increase friction on the pores and skin and blocks the pores by the useless pores and skin because of fixed rubbing. It additionally will increase sweating, which might trigger irritation and result in zits.
What precautions does one must take to keep away from zits?
- Mask ought to neither be too tight or unfastened. It ought to match comfortably and have sufficient respiration area.
- Use a cotton masks to cut back friction.
- Moisturise the pores and skin.
- Avoid greasy cosmetics.
How does one must plan their face masking routine?
- Apply a skinny layer of a moisturiser earlier than sporting the masks.
- Wear a comfortably becoming masks.
- Avoid greasy cosmetics beneath it.
- Wash your face after taking it off and moisturise once more to keep away from dryness.
- Do not use artificial masks.
- Take off the masks at times to enhance circulation.
- Do not use masks unnecessarily.
Suggest the perfect methods to plan one’s skincare routine to struggle the uncomfortable side effects of masking.
- Wash your face 2 to three occasions a day with a gentle cleanser (pH balanced) relying in your pores and skin kind.
- Do not wash too many occasions or use an excessive amount of cleanser.
- Apply sunscreens SPF 30 and above relying in your publicity time.
- Use sunscreen a minimum of 15 minutes earlier than going out.
- Choose the proper sunscreen on your pores and skin kind.
- Moisturise your pores and skin whether it is dry.
- Use an acceptable anti-ageing cream within the night time.
- Take off the make-up earlier than sleeping.
- Do not pop or squeeze the pimples or comedones.
- Do not experiment with any residence cures.
Staying protected mustn’t have an effect on us in maintaining ourselves wholesome and searching good. Let’s take care of ourselves higher with these inputs.
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy! Stay Beautiful!
Dr Vidya TS is presently a guide at Sagar Hospitals & Skin and Cosmetic Clinic, Jayanagar, Bangalore. She has been practising for the final 24 years and is now the President of Community Dermatology Society.