It’s vibrant, it’s vibrant, and it’s each shade of superior! Yes, you guessed proper. Holi is right here. As we guzzle chilled glasses of flavoured milk, dance to loud Bollywood music, and drench our counterparts in each color there may be, the arrival of spring is well known with a lot fanfare and laughter. And whereas we benefit from the unabashed revelry, our pores and skin is commonly on the receiving finish. Thankfully, we come bearing nice information, as a result of we’ve got some expert-recommended pre and submit Holi skincare to maintain your pores and skin protected and shielded from the onslaught on colors and unrestricted enjoyable.
While you’re up and able to bask in boisterous playfulness and a great deal of color, right here’s what you want to bear in mind to avoid wasting your pores and skin from the poisonous wrath. Colours used throughout Holi are dangerous as most of them comprise chemical substances that may trigger rashes or zits outbursts. The most-loved Gulal and different powdered colors can result in allergic reactions, particularly on dry pores and skin.
“This pores and skin sort is all the time susceptible to pores and skin irritations and allergy symptoms”, says Dr. Vidya T. S., Consultant Dermatologist and Cosmetologist. She additionally warns us to keep away from metallic colors, that are extra dangerous.
To scale back the probabilities of allergy symptoms, you should take precautions earlier than you head to the colorful smear occasion. And Dr. Vidya has an efficient answer to this. “Keep your pores and skin hydrated and moisturized, in order that you don’t develop any allergy symptoms”, she says. Another genius trick is to use oil earlier than you step out to have fun. Dr. Vidya says, “Oils like Sunflower Oil and Olive Oil additionally assist act as a barrier earlier than making use of Holi colors. Barrier lotions which comprise Zinc Oxide assist lots to guard your pores and skin”.
She additionally emphasizes that when you’ve got any pores and skin infections, keep away from making use of Holi colors in order to forestall allergy symptoms and reactions. If you can’t keep away from this, she suggests making use of an antibiotic cream or any bland barrier cream to the contaminated space to guard from unintentional contact with the colors.
Bonus BB suggestions
- If you will get maintain of protected natural colors, use them. You may also make selfmade Holi colors with simply obtainable substances like turmeric, beetroot, henna, hibiscus flowers and occasional powder, to call a number of.
- While we don’t need to rob you of the enjoyment of being soaked in hues of reds, pinks, blues, and greens, we advise a easy answer to shut your pores. Applying ice cubes wrapped in a muslin material works like a allure. This helps in closing pores, thus stopping poisonous colors from infiltrating the outer layer of your pores and skin.
- Slather a beneficiant quantity of oil in your face, and undoubtedly don’t neglect to grease your hair. For your lips, you should use Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly. Ensure that your fingers, between the fingers, ears and behind the ears, fingertips and nails are absolutely protected with this layer of oil.
- You can shield your nails from being colour-stained by making use of a coat of clear nail varnish.
- Take care of cuts and accidents, if any. Dress your wound with a water-proof bandage earlier than going out to play.
- As you will be out within the sizzling solar for lengthy, don’t neglect your sunscreen. Check whether or not it’s waterproof, else all of the sunscreen will wash away.
- When the solar is sizzling and overhead, handle your eyes. Ideally, sun shades will shield your eyes not solely from the solar but in addition from the damaging Holi colors.
- Stay hydrated, within the enjoyable of taking part in Holi, we frequently neglect to hydrate ourselves and drink water. Keep sipping water alongside the best way. The warmth will be harsh.
- If you may have delicate pores and skin, don’t neglect to seek the advice of your dermatologist for precautionary measures.
Post Holi skincare
Now that you simply’ve had your share of enjoyable, it’s time to pamper your pores and skin with some much-needed love and care to assist it heal from the aftermath of the revelry.
If the colors you’ve used are usually not natural or pure, chances are high that they could fairly robust to take off. “Do not scrub too laborious to take away the Holi colors as that may harm your pores and skin and trigger irritations and rashes”, Dr. Vidya warns. She additionally calls consideration to the truth that metallic colors might not go within the first wash itself. She urges us to use a moisturizer liberally, after washing, to keep away from dryness. Another essential tip Dr. Vidya shares is to all the time apply sunscreen whereas going out so as to keep away from photoreaction with the Holi colors.
If you’re susceptible to pores and skin infections, Dr. Vidya recommends washing completely with cleaning soap and water after publicity, and instantly making use of an antibiotic cream.
Bonus BB suggestions
- Post Holi celebrations, deal with your pores and skin to a CTM routine. Cleanse-Tone-Moisturize to rejuvenate your pores and skin.
- Slather your pores and skin with tomato juice to assist scale back the suntans and burns.
- You may also dip cotton in Coconut Oil to take away the color.
- You may also do that easy selfmade face pack. Mash one ripe banana, add milk and honey in equal measures. Apply generously over your face, permit it to dry and wash off with chilly water. Don’t neglect to moisturize.
- It’s greatest to keep away from physique scrubs, exfoliators, or bathtub salts for a minimum of 48 hours after taking part in Holi. These can irritate the pores and skin.
- Don’t bathe in extraordinarily sizzling water.
- Keep your pores and skin freed from make-up and different chemical remedies for a number of days. It’s greatest to let your pores and skin heal and breathe.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, shaving or any facial remedies for some time.
- If you expertise any breakouts, rashes or allergy symptoms, seek the advice of your dermatologist on the earliest.
There you may have it. Follow these helpful suggestions and your pores and skin will thanks. A little bit effort goes a good distance in maintaining your pores and skin wholesome and joyful. Enjoy the competition. Indulge your self. Make merry. May the colors of Holi fill the canvas of your life with pleasure, happiness, laughter and love.
Here’s wishing all of you a vibrant and joyful Holi!
(function(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s);
js.id = id;
js.src = “https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.5”;
(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));